Wednesday 30 January 2013

New52 - That's what got me here

My first ever blog post. Whew! I hope this turns out okay.

So, New52 - what is that, you may ask? I found it on the web a couple months ago and thought the idea was very intriguing. You try something new every week for one year. At first I thought it would be impossible to come up with something EVERY week but after 5 weeks of doing it it has turned out to be rather easy! As a matter of fact I usually have a few new things every week - not just one.
The key is not making it a HUGE thing - you don't have to jump out of an airplane (unless you really want to!) - it can be something small like trying a new recipe or new food or maybe a new scrapbooking technique.

So, what have I done since the beginning of the year? Well, here they are:

Week #1 - Use my new Silhouette Cameo

In case you don't know a Cameo is an electronic die-cutting machine that makes all kinds of cool things for scrapbookers, cardmakers and other papercrafters. I got mine for Christmas but held off trying it out until the first week of January.





And, as a bonus this week I also used the Print & Cut feature on the Cameo for the first time. AND, another bonus, I made my own file for the first time.

 
 
Week #2 - Use my new mixer
 
I had ordered a very fancy new mixer using my Airmiles and had to give it a try. It's a VERY different mixer than my old Kitchaid and I just love it!
 

 
 
Week #3 - Make Perogies
 
 My daugher Taya has also started a New52 project and she decided making perogies was next on her list. She brought the ingredients to my house and we made them together. Definitely a first for me!



 
 
 
Week #4 - Use Saffron in cooking
 
I've always wanted to try cooking with saffron so this week I gave it a shot. I made a simple chicken dish and it turned out really well. Saffron has an amazing flavour. Hubby and I both loved it.
 

 
 
Week #5 - Start a BLOG!!
 
That brings us to this week and this page you are now reading. LOL! My first ever blog. I hope you are enjoying it and will come back. I hope to share some of my other interests too. I'm doing a Project Life (specialty scrapbooking), scrapbooking, cardmaking and a Project 365 (take a photo a day for a year!).
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. I want to be the first to comment on your blog - I'll be subscribing :~)

    You got me inspired and I have started this project too - so maybe I can be a copy cat and start a blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool, Eva!! Thanks! This is so much fun. I thought blogging would be way harder than this. LOL!
      Watch the video tutorial - it really helps.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Tracee!! I'm having a lot of fun this year so far. Spreading my wings a bit and trying new things :-)

      Delete
  3. I look forward to reading more. Now, where is the ~oop I found it, subscribe button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice! I knew you would be here. I hope you enjoy it. I plan on adding a bunch of my scrappy stuff too.

      Delete
  4. w00t! Here's to new adventures. Go you, Lynnette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I love new things that are fun :-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome idea Lynette, Good job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Lynette! I'm looking forward to your next new thing! By the way, how were the perogies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I can't really eat wheat so I only took a little bite but they were really good. Hubby ate a ton. :-)

      Delete
  7. Saw some saffron at Costco last week and was tempted...now I have to go back & get some.

    ReplyDelete